Friday, May 6, 2011

el cider

Every once in a while you meet someone so oblivious to things that go on in our world that you can't help but laugh and take advantage for humorous purposes.

This person shall remain unnamed, lets call her Murphy.

So Murphy approaches me with a query, "how do you pronounce this word?"

The word she was referring to was "Monarchy".

I was baffled, I explained to her what it was and what it meant and stated it was odd for her not to know as Australia was a "Monarchy", she gave me a confused look.

I soon discovered that she did not know a royal wedding had occurred lately. Which I was also baffled by. You did not need to be interested in this topic to know that it occurred, I mean for gods sake, it was all over every type of media for the the last few weeks.

Murphy explained she had been in Phillip Island for the last week, which I reluctantly accepted as a plausible excuse, who cares about the wedding anyway?

She soon approached the topic of Osama Bin-Laden and Al-Qaeda, she asked me what was the proper method of pronouncing Al-qaeda which was also followed by a "What is it?"

Explanation as follows:

Al-qaeda was a grammy award winning arabic rock group lead by it's controversial leader Osama Bin-Laden, a rebellious Saudi aristocrat. They were extremely controversial last year with the release of their hit single "Bombs in the USA" which caused a wave of alcohol abuse all over America by teenagers and young adults in the form of "Jager-bombs".

They are commonly confused with "El-Cider" and it's leader Obama Bin-Laden, a Mexican based terrorist group with a business front selling fermented apple beverages.

Murphy: So did they just killed Osama?"
Me: No, no. They killed Obama, not Osama.
Murphy: Oh! Ok.

Now to give Murphy some credit, she didn't 100% believe me and was highly critical when I explained to her that the UN was started by a group called the Famous 9 that included the lights of Albert Einstein, George Washington, Ghandi, Sai Baba and a few other people.

Oh and I also explained to them the Lemon Party was a political party in Indonesia.

No comments: